Sunday, May 7, 2017

4th Grade Benchmarks CCSS

CCSS 4th Grade Performance Goals, Objectives, and Benchmarks.

4th Grade Goals and Benchmarks for Reading, Writing, and Math!


4th Reading Benchmarks and Student Products
Not Yet
Yes


1
I can fluently read grade level literature or higher at 130-180 correct words per minute.






2
I can correctly answer two step reading comprehension questions (drawing conclusions and making inferences) using DOK Level 2 and 3 level concepts with multiple types of literature (expository text) non-fiction and (narrative) fiction.






3
I can differentiate between Tier 2 cognitive verbs (Academic Vocabulary) i.e. facts, opinion effect, affect.

I can differentiate between Tier 3 Academic Content Concepts (Academic Vocabulary) e.g. simile, personification, .






4
I can compare and contrast literary concepts like plot, theme, characters (protagonist, antagonist), events, authors view point, and setting in a story.






5
I can read, understand, and summarize a variety of complex texts, including: legends, novels, folklore, science fiction / nonfiction: autobiographies, informational books, diaries, journals / poetry: conceit, haiku / drama: skits, plays.






6
I can read for understanding using multiple close reading strategies; Cornell notes, Socratic seminars, ranking surveys, cause and effect graphic organizers, story mapping and sequencing, inferring, keyword outlines, and drawing conclusions using text evidence to understand deeper what I read.






7
I can read daily for enjoyment and personal growth.






8
I can read paired text with complex concepts and discuss, write and revise my opinions, ideas and thoughts.






9











Math Benchmarks






1
I can use multiple strategies and math models to divide with a two-digit divisor.






2
I can state division facts through 12s.(5min test)






3
I can use multiple strategies and math models to multiply a three-digit number by a three-digit number.






4
I can multiple strategies, math models to determine the equivalent decimal, fraction and percent.






5
I can estimate for length, weight, and volume using both customary and metric units.






6
I can state multiplication facts through 12s. (5min test)






7
I can identify and model geometry concepts, congruent figures, geometric shapes, area, perimeter and angles.






8
I can read and create a bar graph, pie chart data tables etc, and answer correctly data questions.






9
I can create and identify statistical data to find mode, median, mean, range, and scale.






10











Writing Benchmarks






1
I can write a properly formatted paragraph in 5-10 minutes. Topic sentence, Supporting Sentences, Concluding Sentence, inducing transitions with proper spelling and conventions.






2
I can write in neat legible cursive.






3
I can write an appropriate five-paragraph essay in two hours.






4
I can write a science report (5-10 paragraph) using the scientific method to prove or disprove my hypothesis. 






5
I can write about the complex literary concepts that include, characters, events, and setting in a story.






6
I can write a 3-5 paragraph persuasive essay.






7
I can write appropriate letters of request, letters of complaint and friendly letters.






8
I can effectively use the Six-Traits of writing in all of my work.






9
I can write an exciting personal narrative






10
I can use a word processor to write my reports and writing assignments






11











Language Arts Benchmarks






1
I can state and use the appropriate parts of speech.






2
I can state and use appropriate grammar,syntax, and spelling in my writing.






3
I can produce work that follows the conventions of particular genres (e.g., personal and imaginative narrative, research reports, persuasive, opinion, and or response to literature e.g.  reading logs.






4
I can use varied reference materials and sources to support my writing and understanding (e.g., encyclopedias, websites, glossaries, dictionaries, thesaurus) to identify and comprehend unknown text concepts and words.






5
I can summarize main ideas and major points from fiction and nonfiction text(s) to clarify and retain information and ideas.






6
I can actively listen and ask questions to acquire, deepen, and further my understanding of new information.






7










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!